Spectacular southwest Alberta is home to the First Nations of Treaty 7. Most of our Nations are located within 2 hours’ drive of Calgary:
- At the southern edge of the city you will find the Tsuu T’ina Nation
- The Nakoda Nations, including Bearspaw, Chiniki and Wesley are west of Calgary
- Siksika, where Treaty 7 was signed in 1877, is in the east, near Gleichen
- The Blood Tribe (Kainai) is the largest Reserve in Canada, south of Fort MacLeod
- The Piikani Nation is west of Fort MacLeod
Over the years we have developed some unique and beautiful cultural venues and experiences which interpret our heritage and our ancient and modern-day connections to the plains, foothills and mountains of this land.
We invite you to explore and experience the beauty and significance of our traditions. Come to our Nations to visit our museums, our modern shops, galleries, hotels, conference facilities, restaurants, casinos, UNESCO World Heritage site and world-class cultural centres.
Check out some of our Suggested Day-Trip Touring Routes and discover more of Alberta and Treaty 7 - see you soon!